I know, I know, it's been too long since I have posted anything. My friends are starting to worry. I'm sorry. Life got all tangled up and time slipped away from me. I do have a lot to catch you up on though. Later....for now, I want to ask a question that has been buzzing around my little brain. As I read blogs and posts for the groups I am in, it seems that there are several people who are in the process of, getting ready to start, or finishing the process of moving. My question is this: What is your ideal living environment? I don't just mean your home and studio, I mean the entire environment.
I have several things that would make my ideal environment. What are they? Well, let's see:
1. Not living in what is now known as the most dangerous city in the U.S.
2. Not hearing sirens at all hours of the day and night.
3. Not having people walking past my house at all hours of the night, loud and drunk.
4. Not having to worry about my husband walking home from work late at night because there are no parking spaces by our house.
5. Not listening to the nightly news and having the first 15 minutes taken up by who got shot/stabbed/killed and no one was caught.
6. Not listening to our politicians make excuses for why they did the stupid crap they did.
7. Not living in a state where we re-elect the stupid politicians who do stupid crap.
8. Not living in a parish (we have parishes and not counties) where when the schools were first began reopening after Hurricane Katrina all the teachers were fired and the new school officials brought in their own teachers AND are now BEGGING for teachers to return to the classroom because there aren't enough and there are too many kids STILL not back in school, two years later.
9. Not living in an area where it is politically incorrect to arrest someone for the murder of an innocent because the bad guys are simply killing each other off. (that is the latest excuse for no arrests/convictions of anyone who has killed someone this year, this includes the police officers who are being killed.)
Of course there are some funny things about living in Louisiana. We are the only state in union (that I know of anyway) that had a run off election for governor between a convicted felon and a grand wizard of the KKK.
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox for now and change the television channel to something that doesn't deal with real life on the streets of New Orleans.