As I was blog hopping tonight, I ran across one entitled The Creative Notebook http://creativenotebook.com/. The day's entry is called Toot Your Horn Tuesday. Since I have been rather down on myself the last few days (weeks...), I thought I would take part. She said to simply list 10 things that you have accomplished in your life. Then she said:
"Now, take a look at that list. You did great! Look at all you’ve done with your life, with your time. You ROCK!!!!!!"
Well, I thought it might be a good idea for me to remember some of the things I have accomplished in my life, so here goes:
1. I graduated from high school. (Not really any big deal except that I am the only one of 5 children in my family that did it.)
2. Received my B.S. in Biology in 3 years after a 3 year sabbatical.
3. Received my M.S. in Biology with emphasis on Botany. Was within 2 months of graduating when my dad died unexpectedly. Almost gave it up.
4. Coordinated and ran the science fair for a school of 450+ below poverty level students.
5. Two years in a row had regional winners go to state competition in the Group category, where the previous 7 years had been won by a private school.
6. Took my mom on a Girls' Only Weekend trip to New Orleans.
7. Married a wonderful man.
8. Made a black velvet dress for a local entertainer without using a pattern.
9. Made clothes/quilts as all my Christmas gifts last year.
10. Still working on trying to figure out what goes at 10.