April 04, 2011

Zoie update: It's been almost two weeks since Zoie's surgery.  The vet is pleased with her progress.  She has five pins in her leg.  All of them stick out and are enclosed in what the vet calls a "cage".  It is like a bar that all the pins are held in place by.  I was really surprised that she was up and walking on it the day after her surgery.  When mom and I got there to pick her up, they told us she had just come in from her daily constitutional and they were pleased with how well she was walking.

So, I take (read that as carry) her out to the side yard three to five times a day.  She walks around a little bit and then does her business.  I then carry her back in.  She spends most of the day and all of the night on my bed.  She is to be still (as best a dog can be) except when she goes outside.  My bed is high enough that I know she won't jump off of it.  Sometimes she wants to sit in the recliner.  Have I ever mentioned how spoiled this pooch is?  So whenever I am in the room, she gets to sit in the recliner.  She jumped down from there yesterday.  I don't think she was expecting the pain.  She spent the rest of the day on the bed, cause I just don't trust her.

We go back to the vet once a week.  They will re xray in six weeks, at which time they will determine if it is feasible to begin removing pins.  Dr. Bell said he should be able to remove the last two pins in about 18 to 20 weeks.  It's gonna be a long five months...lol.

I'll post some pics once I get them off my camera.

No comments: