April 06, 2011

 I finished the three pieces I showed a few days ago.  Here are the pics:

To this block, I added the flowers in the middle of the top and bottom.  I then added a small silver dragonfly and transparent gold beads.  I'm really happy with it.  It's now just waiting to be put on its tin.
This block also received a small dragonfly, gold this time.  I scattered green transparent beads around.


To this block, once again I added a small dragonfly and clear beads.








I am very pleased with all three of these blocks.

I also did the following two pieces.  The first one I actually thought I was finished with until I scanned it and looked at it on the monitor.  Then I realized I totally forgot three corners.  How silly.
I made this for a specific tin.  It was a little too big but I figured that as I stitched that it would shrink.  NOT!  It is still too big.  I am thinking of making this into a wall hanging when it's finished.  I did alot more silk ribbon embroidery then I usually do.  I love doing it but have always been kinda scared of it.  Not anymore. 
I do hate that the scanner squished my roses in the middle though.
This is the piece I am currently working on:
I'm happy with what I've done so far but now I'm kinda stumped as to what to do next.  Any ideas?

Isn't that piece of lace just lovely?  It was dyed specially for me by my very good friend Lesa, owner of the group CQ For Newbies.  She did such a wonderful job and it fits this block very nicely.  Thanks, Lesa.

No comments: