I "made" a treasure box, what I call it, for my swap sister, Daphne, in England. I started out with a cigar box that the gentleman who lives downstairs from us gave me.
I took off all the paper and hardware. Then I wrapped it in quilt batting and covered it with a purple moleskin. Did I mention purple is Daphne's favorite color??? Well, it is. I added a motif to the front and fringe around the lid.
I embellished it with roses, a beaded ribbon, and a D for her name. I also used a gold fairy and two purple handmade buttons that Daphne had sent me.
Unfortunately, when I was finished I discovered that the block was not long enough to go on the lid. It was wide enough but not long enough. Very disappointing but I learned to check these things before I begin and make adjustments. So....I had to do something with the top. I decided to keep it simple with a lace bow and a button that Tommy had picked out for me. It has a victorian styled woman's head on it. Quite different from what I wanted but I think she will like it. I'm going to fill it with goodies for her. I am going to use the block for the cover of a needlecase for her that is due in October.
So that is now finished. I am just waiting on a shipment from Judyth to finish my package and put it in the mail.
I have also been working on comfort dolls for Pat Winter's project for abused women. Of course I forgot to take pictures of them. When I actually get them finished I will post some. I also have one made for the Crazy Quilting International's group Spirit of Christmas doll swap. I'm planning a couple for more for that also.
I have also started my Victorian Christmas stocking for the CQforNewbies group swap this fall. I am trying to get a head start so I don't stress out. I really like the way it is coming and have a sneaking suspicion I may keep it and make another one.
I am actually staying fairly busy with all this. I need to unearth my sewing machine so I can finish my dolls and get them in the mail.