July 23, 2009

This is the 2nd glasscase I've made. I am pleased with how this one came out.

I added the leaves and such on the back upper corner to tie into the front design. The seam treatment started out being cross stitch and some how ended up being what you see. I actually like it and am very sure I will never be able to repeat it...at least not without careful study of how I did it in the first place.

July 21, 2009

This is my first eyeglass case. I kept it fairly simple and clean because I really like the colors and the feel of the fabrics.
I have 5 more pieced and ready to be stitched. Only took me about 5 hours to make the color choices and do the work, so it should not take me too long to work the others.

July 20, 2009

These are the last 3 areas I worked on to complete the previous block.
I also have an eyeglass case complete, short of sewing of course, that I will show tomorrow.

This block is complete. All I need to do now is to decide on the type of handle I want to use and put it together.

July 19, 2009

My brother Jeremy and his new dirt bike.

My mom is having a blast riding the new bike, also. Jeremy is so protective of her he walks alongside her as she rides.

July 18, 2009

Update on my current block

July 16, 2009

I lied to everyone....the covered tin I made for Lorinda has been received by my friend. I don't have a friend named Lorinda or even know anyone by that name. The tin was really for my dear friend Lesa Farmer. She is one of the owners of the group CQ For Newbies. She always brightens my day and listens to me when I need to complain about life in general. I hope one day we will actually get to meet in person.

Thanks for being such a wonderful friend and I hope you enjoy your tin, Lesa.

July 15, 2009

This is my current block after doing some work. I challenged myself to do all the stitching before doing any beading. That is very difficult for me.

Normally I stitch a seam and then bead. Then I have to fight with beads while working nearby seams and areas.
I have no clue yet what to do with the area above the motif or the green area to the right of it.
More later.

July 13, 2009

This is the block I am working on right now. The lighting sucks cause the top light in my studio is burned out and the wiring is messed up. I am working by a lamp containing a 100 watt true light bulb. While giving really good directional light (shines right on the block) boy does that sucker put out some heat!!!

This is the finished tin. It went in the mail today and hopefully will be with its new owner very soon. I do hope she likes it.

July 09, 2009

This is the finished block for the top of my dear friends tin. Since Lorinda doesn't do "cyber" she won't see it. I do hope she likes it.

July 07, 2009

I have a very good friend who is always there for me. I am making her an altoid tin. It is a surprise so I can't tell who she is. I hope she likes it when she gets it.
My work on Faye's block in the FFT #7 Round Robin on CQI

This is the altered altoid tin I made for a swap on the CQI site. It went to Shari in Colorado. I hope she likes it.

Beaded butterfly I made. I was going to use it on a round robin block, but the block was more pastel than this, so it is just waiting for a place to land.

My lovely stepdaughter Chelsa, left, and her best friend, Heather, came for a visit.

My mom and her friend Mary came down for a day to pick fresh figs. Mom made 6 pints and 11 half pints of preserves. Can't wait to try them.